Screaming Frog is a popular crawl tool for search engine optimizers, website managers, and web developers. Screaming Frog spiders a site in a similar way any search engine spider would. As search engine optimization tools go, you’ll need to understand technical SEO and have a firm grasp of HTML to get the most from this tool.
Screaming Frog audits your website from a technical point of view, and with it, you can promptly collect a lot of the necessary information you need to help optimize your site.
This program is available for PC and Mac. As a Mac user, I’m often confronted with software that slows my mac down a little, so it was a pleasure to see this thing run in the background in a quiet, efficient manner.
Run the spider and it will grab information on your pages. Links, page titles, redirects, 404s, heading tags, status codes, attribute lengths, anchor text, alt text and numbers of internal backlinks, numbers of external links on each page. Quickly identify click depth, see canonical link information or meta-refresh directives. And more. You can also output this report to CSV.
Screaming Frog spider comes highly recommended for SEO and web designers everywhere. SF is just about the best SEO software you can buy to investigate site structure and for quick log file analysis, IF you are technically minded. I recommend getting the free version too to test it out, before you buy it.
- Analyzing Your Website With the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- A First Time Guide to Using Screaming Frog
- How to Crawl Large Websites using Screaming Frog
- 7 Incredibly Helpful Screaming Frog Features
- The Frog Will See You Now: Screaming Frog SEO Health Check
- Find Internal Links with Campaign Parameters with Screaming Frog
- How to Use Screaming Frog to Identify Broken Links
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool Overview
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tutorial
- How to Use Screaming Frog SEO Spider for Competitor Analysis